Sunday, March 29, 2009

Week 3: Things 5 & 6


Flickr..... Like most folks, I imagine, I've had experience e.mailing or uploading photos to various sites, but I had not yet joined Flickr--until now! It was very easy to register on Flickr, and since I have a few photos on my laptop, I was easily able to create an avatar and upload my first photo.
No difficulties. Since I am an avid photographer, I imagine this is a web 2.0 'tool' that I will enjoy and continue to use outside of class.  I even found one friend on Flickr already!
This was really fun.  I tried to upload my image (at least twice) but it did not work, so I will continue that effort until I succeed.... stay tuned.

I also enjoyed creating a 'librarian trading card,' in the 'mash-ups' part of this activity.
It really is helpful to see the examples that others have created.  Having spontaneous or instantaneous visual references accessible via these interactive web applications is great!

1 comment:

  1. Big Huge Labs Mashups are one of my favorite things to do on Flickr. There is also a site called Flickr Storm which allows you to create sets of pictures for your students to use. There is a great teachertube video on it called Using Flickrstorm.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete