Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Week 6: Thing 13

Week 6: Thing 13

It's impossible to not spend a lot of time roaming around del.icio.us, the social bookmarking site I learned about today. The u-tube tutorial was clear and concise, and the site itself is easy to navigate. I looked at the web 2.0 and library bookmarks, and others of personal interest, such as music, photography, fashion, and medicine.  I looked up a specific type of brain cyst that runs in my family, and found a plethora of information that didn't seem readily available in past searches.  Perhaps there is more recent research on this unique topic than there was several years ago.
Speaking of which, the amount of 'stuff' to look at, scan, sift through, read through is absolutely mind-boggling.  I think I will start a del.icio.us account and make a comparison of how it tracks my bookmarks vs. my own existing (albeit probably somewhat antiquated) system of savingmy sites of personal and professional interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment