Thursday, April 2, 2009

Week 7: Thing 17 Sandbox Wiki

Week 7: Thing 17 'Sandbox' Wiki
I looked at several of the categories in the curriculum wiki. e.learning for kids looks like a fun site, but it said my computer wasn't equipped to play a preschool game! I'll have to check into this further, as it wasn't immediately clear to me why it wouldn't work. Anyway that looks like a fun site for teachers or parents to use with children. It lists a variety of different learning activities which are separated by age range. I want to try the moo cards too.  Learning all the web 2.0 lingo is really like learning a whole new language....guess that's technology in general evolving our language. I wonder if its creating a truly more universal language?  

http://writer.zoho.com/templateView.im
This link provides a 'speech' template that could be used by middle, highschool or post-secondary students who are preparing a presentation for their class.

I added the above link-idea to the Raven about Web 2.0 curriculum wiki under the 'Online tools and applications' category. It was so easy to do!  The Zoho writer link on this page, submitted by Jill G., is what caught my eye and directed me to this site in the first place.

1 comment:

  1. It is so true that so many things are changing and updating on the web that it is almost impossible to keep up if you aren't willing to buy a new computer every couple of years or update your memory, speed, and programs all the time :-) The speed of change is getting really bad.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete