Sunday, April 12, 2009

Week 9: Thing 20

Week 9: Thing 20 - Video

The Teacher Tube site is interesting in its similarity to you-tube. The video I chose is about "How Not to use a Powerpoint." The presenter uses visuals and voice and demeanor to demonstrate his less than subtle, humorous rationale for what not to do when 'composing and presenting' a powerpoint. I looked up some videos about hearing impairment, and there are several by a Mrs. Stacy.  I found her accent difficult to understand and so I opted not to select one of her videos to post on my blog, although her list of topics seemed very relevant to my students (and their parents). One topic, for example, is how hearing aids work. It's easy to spend a lot of time
clicking away on Teacher Tube, as on u-tube. Having the videos categorized into recent, favorites, and most discussed, was helpful and made for easier access.

No comments:

Post a Comment